UCCS Employee Benefits
UCCS Employee Benefits & Perks
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs and the CU System offer a variety of benefits & perks to employees and their families. Explore the following information to learn more about UCCS employee benefits.
Insurance Programs for UCCS Employees
UCCS employees receive health and wellness benefits through the CU system, including medical, vision, & dental plans.
Employee Retirement Plans
All UCCS employees are eligible to enroll in one of three options for retirement plans offered by the CU system.
Faculty Housing Assistance Programs
UCCS offers Faculty Housing Assistance Program (FHAP) through the CU System. FHAP is a need-based financial program developed to attract and retain new and current faculty, including tenure and tenure track faculty.
Tuition Assistance Program
As a leader in education, UCCS values curious minds and continued growth – not just for students but also for dedicated employees.
That is why the University provides tuition assistance to qualified employees and their dependents.
Pikes Peak State College Tuition Waiver Program
Tuition at Pikes Peak State College (PPSC) can be waived for up to six undergraduate credit hours per academic year for permanent, 100% time employees of UCCS and up to three credits for those employed between 50% to 99% of a full appointment.
- The Tuition Benefit Form must be completed and certified by UCCS Human Resources.
- The employee must wait until the first day of class to register.
- Once approved, the employee is responsible for submitting the form to PPSC's Enrollment Services Department before the class start date.
Lynda.com provides a vast online library of instructional videos covering the latest software, creative, and business skills. Online learning through Lynda.com is available for all UCCS faculty, staff, and students. LinkedIn Learning content can be accessed via the myUCCS Portal.
- Log on to the myUCCS portal.
- Open the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select Training.
- Select the "LinkedIn Learning" tile.
Use Skillsoft for required online training or instructor-led training courses.
To find courses in Skillsoft for CU employees:
- Log on to the myUCCS portal.
- Select the Skillsoft tile on the home page
- Select Library from the top of the screen
- Select your campus folder
- Select a topic from Categories
- Select a course and click LAUNCH
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Employee Services, the CU System office that serves all four campuses, will assist you in completing the Public Service Loan Forgiveness form.
UCCS Employee Fitness & Wellness Programs
CU Health Plan and Be Colorado have teamed up to provide employees with a full spectrum of programs such as Flu Shots, Be Colorado Move, Fitness Center Discounts, and Weight Watchers discounts.
UCCS faculty and staff are eligible for membership at the Gallogly Recreation and Wellness Center at faculty and staff rates.
As a state employer, CU employees are eligible to participate in the State of Colorado’s employee discount program, Benefit Hub.