Interpreting Services

Interpreting Services
Human Resources provides a staff American Sign Language interpreter and coordinator for the UCCS campus.

Interpretation is provided for all department and individual training, meetings and campus events attended by those who communicate using American Sign Language. This service is provided to all faculty, staff, prospective employees as well as community members. Interpretation facilitates access by the campus and community to the offerings, opportunities and culture of UCCS. 

Requesting Services

Requesting Services

In order to secure an ASL interpreter for faculty, staff, and special campus events open to the community, services must be requested using Human Resources' service management system, Cherwell. The request link above will bring you to the Cherwell portal where you will select Request ASL Interpreter under Employee Relations.
Please provide a minimum of 48 hours notice when requesting an interpreter. Some requests may need support by an outside agency and will require additional notice. Requests with shorter notices will be accommodated if possible.

Please provide the following information when submitting a request:

  1. Date, Time and Duration
  2. Location
  3. Point of Contact:

    Preferably a contact that will be on-site during the assignment

  4. Name of person(s) needing the accommodation
  5. Any presentation materials:

    Please include specialized jargon, acronyms, and ensure that any videos presented have closed captioning

Brittaney Hubler
ASL Interpreter
My name is Brittaney Hubler and I’m a professional American Sign Language interpreter. I graduated with an interpreting degree and have been working in the community since 2014. I work in various settings such as post-secondary, medical, conferences, and have experienced working internationally. I love being involved in the Deaf community as that’s where my heart belongs being a child of Deaf parents (CODA). When not working, I spend time with my husband and dog traveling whenever possible.
Student Disability Services
If an ASL interpreter is needed for a student, please contact Ida Dilwood, Director of Disability Services for an ADA accommodation.